Sunday, June 01, 2008

Memorial Day

I never told the rest of the Memorial Day weekend story. :) Well, on the way home from church, before we even knew we were having an unexpected party at our house, Tom had jokingly said the Forringers could stay the night and we could to breakfast on the grill and everything. You don't joke about things like that with me, because I'll take you up on it! So they packed their stuff and spent the night! Tom was all, I was joking but cool! :) I have to say he is such a good sport and the best hubby in the world.... he's not the party or sleepover type but he puts up with me and my party animal best friend on an almost weekly basis. :) It helps that he and Ted are such good friend too. Steff and I were so excited. The kids went down after the lifegroup left and we played games until after 2.... and then finally crashed. Who does this?? Us, that's who. We're the cool parents. :)

We had the idea that we'd sleep in.... with 8 kids? What a joke. It was decided that Steff and I would take the older kids to Tyler State Park to swim... with everyone and their dog. :) The guys were kind enough to stay home and watch the babies. How lucky are we to have husbands that are so accommodating?

We had a great time. It was rather crowded, but not bad. I got lots of pictures... only to return home and find that I had nary a one. The memory card wasn't in the camera!! That's so aggravating. We had great timing too - we left early because we heard thunder. We decided to drop in on the Growdens since they were close. As we were driving out of the park, it started to pour! I was so happy that we'd left before the rain. Loading up all the coolers, chairs and towels with 5 kids would not have been fun.

We hung out with the Growdens for a few hours, had dinner and then headed home.

Oh I forgot to say while we were at the lake, Tom had called and said they were a bit bored and could he and Ted tear out the wall between the dining and play rooms? We've been talking about it for a long time, so I said sure. So we returned home to a huge hole in my dining room... all the windows were gone and Tom had a very satisfied look on his face. So that's been the latest project. He's been working on it all week. It's progressed a lot, he's taken out the door too. It would be ready for paint soon. It looks great - he's done such a great job. It's so nice to have a handy hubby and even nicer when he's willing to tackle such big renovations. :)

So that was our Memorial Day weekend. It's funny how plans change when you have a party planner for a friend. :)

No comments: