Saturday, June 07, 2008

Surprise visit

Our friends the Moores stopped by today to say hello. Their daughter is Piper, the little girl I watched for over a year. Then her brother and Aaron came along within 2 weeks of each other and I gave handling 4 kids and 2 newborns a shot, but it was too much, even for me. :) It was back in March that I stopped watching them so, we hadn't seen them in awhile. It was so nice to see them. We miss Piper and Maddox very much - the kids are always asking when they and Conlan are coming back. :) Tom and I also miss having Russell and Ginger around nearly everyday. It was always fun to chat and talk politics when they'd come to pick up the kids.

They even came with gifts! Ginger had made some awesome Amish Friendship bread - soooo good, Ginger! - and a starter so I can spread the love. And they brought this. It was meant to be a parting gift for me when I stopped watching the kids, but it wasn't ready in time. Isn't it just beautiful? I love that picture of the kids. When we have a portrait taken of the whole family, I'll put it in this. I really cherish this. It's one of those grab on the way out if there's a fire items. :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vashey Fam said...

Emma is so sweet and cute! She looks just like a little doll.