Friday, June 06, 2008

Caught up

Finally. I go through spurts of blogging everything as soon as it happens then something like a house guest happens and then it seems like an overwhelming task to catch up and I procrastinate. I'm good at that. :)

Today started out a bummer but ended up good. The plan was to head to the lake for lunch. Things just weren't falling into place so we opted to spend an hour or two at the pool, only to find out they don't open for the season until Monday. :/ It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though that we didn't go anywhere. About midmorning I got a migraine that would not let up and it rained! I'm glad I wasn't out at the lake or the pool when either of those things happened.

I spent the afternoon on the couch, working on laundry and watching Little House, while the kids made a water slide in the backyard. Kids are so flexible when it comes to water. :) Around 4, my migraine medicine finally kicked in, along with some much needed energy, owing mostly to the caffeine in the medicine I think. I got up, scrubbed down my kitchen, dusted the living room, vacuumed the front of the house, and made dinner... and a cake to boot. :) Gotta love caffeine! I don't care where the energy comes from as long as I have it! (Good thing I don't have access to speed) I'm totally kidding, btw. ;)

No comments: