Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Soccer camp Day 1

Today was the first day of soccer camps for Taylor and Chandler. It was a mad scramble today at 7:40 when I realised that this week was soccer camps! I'd completely forgotten that morning and the night before. Oh and Taylor had to be at her field at 8!!! Amazingly we would have made it on time, but I went to the middle school instead of the jr. high! Ugh. Then it was off across town to Chandler's camp that started at 9. Thank goodness they have different start and end times!!

Taylor knew what to expect since she went last year. It was hard on Chandler - I had to leave him for a half hour while I went to pick up Taylor. He was so silent and sad, big ol' tears welling up in his eyes because he didn't want me to leave. I was so sad for him. He so rarely gets upset by anything, I was really at a loss for what to do. :) I'm very glad that he ended up having good friends on his team - that help him acclimate quickly and I was able to leave without anymore tears. :)

The far away shots are so bad....

I bet Josiah really got it bad on his head! It was blazing out there in the sun!

Taylor's camp does 2 hrs in the morning and 3 at night. It's really intensive and she's loving it. She has several friends from previous teams she's played on that campers too. I didn't get pictures of Taylor's camp until the evening session. Again with the missing memory card! :P And then they turned out so grainy.


Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have better pictures. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Connie said...

Could you email me when soccer sign-ups begin for the fall? I am so totally clueless. I'd like to consider it...not promising anything ;) so I'm not mentioning it to the kids. shhh.

Adriana said...

Sure thing!