Friday, June 13, 2008

Surprise lake trip

After camps yesterday, I surprised the kids with a trip to the lake. We stopped briefly at the house to gather the necessary lake items and munchies. It was a perfect lake day, hot but breezy, making it nice and cool when you're in the water or wet sunning yourself. :) We had the lake largely to ourselves. It was so relaxing and peaceful. We spread out and spent the whole afternoon there.

At one point there was a group two pavilions over blasting obscenity-filled rap across the water.(!) I don't deny a person's right to their own choice of music, but it just makes sense not to have it around young ears. Thankfully, they were nice about it when I asked them to turn it down and they left soon after. You know, I always feel weird about saying something to people in those situations. (we've encountered more than one) But keeping silent isn't an option because I won't have my kids subjected to that type of thing. Thankfully, it's always been received well, people seem to generally be respectful of a polite request from a mom. :)

Putting the hat that Jen passed on to good use!

We love this lake because it's so kid friendly. They can go out 50 yards in every direction and the water is still only to their waists. :)

Taylor swam out to the buoy just to get to a place where she couldn't touch. :)


They all had a grand time!

After 10 minutes splashing in the water, this is where Aaron spent the remaining 31/2 hours. He was conked out!



Look Mom, I'm swimming! In ankle deep water... impressive! ;)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I wanna come next time!!

L

Vashey Fam said...

Hey, you're a brave one! Way to go Adriana! And can I just your son has the cutest rolls ever!

Anonymous said...

Aaron is stylin' and profilin' in that hat.

My Aunt lives on the lake (she has a pool) and said we could come swim anytime while she was at work. I'm just too chicken to go by myself with no one else around :P