Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Party time!

Yesterday I hosted a party for the Bright Minds products that Stephanie sells. It was so cool. It's fun to get together, talk, eat and shop all at the same time!! :)

I love hosting stuff like this.. and yes, Dana and Steff, I complain a lot about all the prep work that goes into it, but like I was telling my grandma on the phone yesterday, I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it. :) I especially love coming up with the menu. This time I made fruit tartlets (mini versions of fruit pizza), Tomato-Pesto Bruchetta, Spinach dip and Cream cheese swirl brownies. I served it with tea and homemade strawberry lemonade. All that and I didn't even get a picture. Here's two from today... it all looked so much better yesterday... especially the tartlets. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need that bruschetta recipe! I make it sometimes, just chop a tomato, add a garlic clove, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with fresh basil FROM MY GARDEN! =P I love that- the other day I bought 14 basil plants by mistake...I only meant to buy 5! I forgot they came multiple plants in a pot. No sweat... we love pesto!

anyway, is that how you made yours?

Adriana said...

Actually, it was new recipe and I wasn't that thrilled with it. I'd gotten the recipe from pillsbury, and you used cresant roll dough that was layered with pesto, thinly sliced tomato and red onion and topped with mozerella and parmeasan! Sounds yummy but the cresant rolls were a bit soggy. I would have liked it much better if I'd used a good crusty bread instead.
Fresh basil sounds tasty!! :)