Saturday, May 13, 2006

Park Day with friends

Today the Arce’s brought Sam and Micah over since they’re were going out of town. Dave and Dana should be here any minute actually to pick them up.

What a fun and exhausting day! We had the kids and my three were loving the company. Toy Story 2 was watched... 11/2 times in fact. Then Lori came by to hang out. She and I ran to Wal-Mart for a few things. But of course I forgot tortillas for the tacos for lunch. I had some mix on hand so we ended up rolling some out and Lori fried them.. it was a blast. And the tortillas were great!

After lunch we headed to Guthrie Park - Thank the Lord for Lori! I could never have done it with out her. Tom had stayed home to work on his projects.... cough nap cough... smarty, he's nice and rested and I'm struggling to stay awake!

The kids had a blast. Micah wasn't sure about the water and stayed on the fringes. She loved watching the other kids, though. She kept laughing at the boys squabbling over the water hole. Brayden got right into the thick of it. He was soaked just like the big kids. :)

Then the younger ones played hard on the playground while Taylor rollerbladed. Of course being soaked they all got nice and muddy. It was fun getting them carefully situated on towels for the drive home so that they wouldn’t get mud all over the floor and seats!! Thankfully, Guthrie is only a mile from us.

Once home, I began the arduous task of bathing Huber kids. ;) I think they were mostly crying from being so tired and missing mom and dad. It was heartbreaking. They both kept saying over and over, "I only want to take a bath in my own house"... Poor little guys.

Five clean kids later, we did sandwiches for dinner and within 5 min of eating they were all out like light bulbs.

Now it's time for me to go out like a light bulb! Yawn. Night! Posted by Picasa

No comments: