Monday, May 08, 2006

Our God is so Great!

Yesterday I sang this song with my sunday school class of 2 and 3 year olds - "My God is so great, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do!" It's amazing how you can sing something all your life and not really believe it. I knew it in my head, yes, God can do anything. It is extremely evident in the way He has changed my life. But the real and utter truth of that statement had not fully resonated in my heart until just last night! Praise God! We serve such a might and powerful God.

I have been struggling for the past few weeks with the enormity of eternity. I would panic at the thought of dying and living forever... even knowing that I am secure in my position in Christ and I will be in Heaven. It's something I've struggled with my whole life it seems, but lately Satan had taken this fear and multiplied it, torturing and taunting me, keeping me in bondage to it, rendering me utterly useless to God and my family.

After sharing this battle with some very dear friends, my friend Stephanie organized a time of prayer to really combat the Enemy and plead for God's mercy and deliverance from this. So, last night, I had three couples, my husband, and a very dear friend all around me, laying on hands, praying, and speaking Scripture. I cannot begin to explain what took place in our living room! God totally moved in such an awesome way and in the course of an evening of earnest prayer, my fear was completely gone! I was able to dwell on eternity and feel only delight at the prospect of serving and worshipping God forever and ever. Because, really, nothing less than eternity would be enough time to give God the amount of glory that He deserves! What an amazing thought!

And God's healing didn't stop there. We continued to pray and lift up each other. We sang and worshipped. God's presence was in that room among us in such a mighty way, that we could just taste it! It lasted long into the night. We prayed for over two hours and even then there were some of us who prayed and saw miracles happen until well after midnight. God did an amazing work in every heart last night - miracles happened and I am so happy that I was a part of that.

Praise you, God for what you did. Don't let Satan come in and steal our joy and rob us of the work that you did in our lives last night! Glory to your name!

Thank you to everyone who was there and shared in the victory that God gave me. I'm so grateful to have shared in the victory that God worked in your lives as well!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Invigorating!!! What a perfect song to sum it all up with. :) Love you!

The Peacock Pearl said...

What a tremendous blessing!