Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My hubby is AMAZING!

Tom is turning our storage room (read: my junk room) that's off the playroom into his office. Actually, he's only doing one end of it right now. He's the most amazing husband ever! He's so good at a plethora of things. I walked in after he'd started this project and asked him for the millionth time since we got married... "Baby, is there anything you CAN'T do???"




Here he's torn down the paneling, rewired the room, putting light switches and moving outlets... (how does he know how to do that??) and framed in a soffit to enclose the canned lights. Amazing.



Here he's "rocked the walls" (his words... construction worker lingo) It was such a turn on... I was thinking we'd have to play handy man and handy wife later on.... LOL .... Ahem, notice the canned lights. He's been wanting to put them all over the house ever since we moved in. Now he finally has some!



And this is where he's at now... he's rocked the soffit and just needs to mud and tape then he'll paint and put in the desk. (that he'll build from scratch) It's really cool. With his new job working for Rob, he need his own space to work. Oh, for anyone you doesn't know, Tom's been doing freelance work for this guy from church who owns a home automation company. Tom is on cloud nine! He gets absolutely giddy about home theatre and home automation. I'm just glad he's being able to have this outlet and a good friend in Rob who shares his passion. I was never a good audience for his rhapsodies about home automation! :)

Well, we need to get going. I have a lot to do today. I'm cooking for tomorrow, have to go to Walmart, pay my ticket (I promised a story about that.... hmmm), go to the bank and Blockbuster and then we're all going to see Chicken Little! The kids are so excited... they've been wanting to see if ever since the first previews came out. And I have to admit I have too. I know it's gotten bad reviews... not like it's bad morally.. just as in it's not very well made, story is rushed, etc... but I still think we'll enjoy it. :)

Have a great day! As Dana says, blog ya later! :)