Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Chicken Little - little on laughs and quality

As we walked in, Taylor asked sweetly to sit in the very front row. I remember when I wanted to do the same thing with my mom and she'd let us, but she never sat with us. I decided to be a cool mom and sit with my kids in the very front row. Oh, the wisdom of my mother! My ears are still ringing and my eyes are burning... literally. At one point during the slightly scary previews, Chandler jumped up and started running up the isle. Seems that front row for little kids can be a bit intimidating. :)

I hate to admit it, but everyone was right. This movie sucked. The funniest parts are in the previews and the story really is rushed. (Though just to be fair I feel like I might have missed some of the funny parts because of my ringing ears and burning eyes.) I kept waiting for something more to develop in the story. The quality of the CG was just pathetic. I knew Disney was going to suffer when they split with Pixar, but I didn't realize just how much.



On the other hand, my kids loved it. Even Brayden sat through the whole thing. Chandler walked out saying over and over "That Kicken Widdle movie was so funniest, Mommy!" I got my money's worth. :)

Oh and one more complaint... what's with the music montages every five minutes?? Come on Disney, you couldn't come up with a better way to drive the plot than this overused ploy?? Please, give us something original!

No comments: