Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Today

I can't string along words to form sentences right now - I'm in a lovely haze called codeine. Long story short, today was just ok.... it was stressful and busy and tiring, but had a nice ending.

(reading back over this, I should have just ended it up there and been done with it. lol)

I felt like monster mom trying to get out the door to ELO, which made me guilty and that put me in a bad mood pretty much all day. I had bad news from the dentist... I have to see an oral surgeon for my tooth, it's beyond repair and requires more than he's comfortable doing.

So the kids are all grounded from any and all electronics until further notice. Their rooms get out of control far too often, so until they can obey and keep their rooms presentable (not perfect, just picked up) I've declared a moratorium on tv, computer, wii, and ds. And dessert. :) We'll see how long it takes them to shape up. :) Tonight Taylor asked if they could get a spanking instead. It was all I could do not to laugh. I told her I think this will be much more effective. (as already proven by her question) And I added, "It's not punishment for what you did or didn't do, it's discipline to mold future behavior." I think she got it, but I'm not sure about Chandler. He just knows he wants to watch a movie. lol

I'm so tired. ELO days are always long, and then throw in a dentist appt - Laura and Rebecca Johnson watched the kids while I was gone.. and God bless them. It stresses me out to ask someone to be willing to take on 6 kids when I have a dr appt. Luckily I have great friends. also we went to Ted and Stephanie's for dinner... it was lovely not to have to cook. We had a good time talking politics and such. Again, I have great friends. Thank you, Jesus.

Ok so it wasn't long story short... it was long story long.... and very disjointed. Sorry about that. I guess can write under the codeine haze... it just requires much more concentration... and spell check. :) And dedication on the part of the reader to follow my ramblings...

The End

No comments: