Sunday, March 09, 2008

There's my blog post.

I had just sat down to write something on my blog, but unsure as to what since not much has happened this weekend besides soccer games (2 wins!) and church (great worship, but missed the preaching because I had to run home for the diaper bag!) and grocery shopping, and return trip to Walmart today to grab the items I forgot! :)

Anywho, as I sat wondering what to write, it dawned on me I hadn't seen Brayden in quite awhile. I had been on the phone with my Grandma for the better part of 2 hours just before sitting down, and several times I'd had this vague uneasy feeling that something wasn't right (that 6th sense that mom's have) but we had Taylor's friend Hannah here to play so I just thought it was because of the extra face and being on the phone.

When I realised it had been at least an hour since I'd seen my little guy, I was calm and told myself that he must have been tired and laid down in his bed. Then he wasn't there. And he wasn't in Taylor's bed. I was worried then because Tom's been outside all afternoon working on the yard. I pictured him wandering out to see Daddy, then deciding to walk to the Johnson's (who live around the corner) Ack! I glanced in my room and didn't see him... my heart rate going up the whole time... then something caught my eye. I walked over to the baby bed and this is what I saw...

My first thought was, "Well, there's my blog post and picture of the day." :) My second was, So, cute, but why did he have to uncover Aaron!!? :) THEN "Oh yeah, I'm glad he's ok!" Ha!

On a related note, I'm starting to think in blog titles-- like when Taylor and I were at Abi's party the other day, my title was going to be "Another day, another party" (it seems we're always at a party!). But then I didn't have my camera which meant no pictures, so it didn't happen. Thinking in blog titles is a sign of too much blogging, I do believe. :)

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

No problems on the walking. I actually thought about trying to save some money to join the ROC. If we just do the walking track it's only $35. Then we can walk despite the weather.

Wanna come over for lunch on Wed. about 12:00? Let me know! I miss you too! It's been forever since we could visit.

Jaime said...

That is so, so cute! I'm so glad you got a picture of it. That's just precious.

I'm with you on thinking in blog titles or posts. I'm always trying to remember things so I can blog them. At least we're not alone in our "too much blogging"! :-)