Thursday, March 20, 2008

I miss Tom

The last few days have been very much of a catch up after such a long and exhausting weekend. Catch up on SLEEP mostly. I've been in such a funk, feeling sick and depressed. I'm sad and miss my husband so much. I can't wait to see him again. I miss my friends. I miss my home. And I miss comments on my little blog. It's my only link to the outside world. It's very isolating to be with out highspeed! :) To feel lonely in a house with 19 people living in it is true irony. lol

After moping around the house since Monday, I perked up this afternoon, and seemed to be coming out of my bluesiness. I ventured outside and wandered down to the creek where my siblings and I played growing up. Brayden was with me and I showed him the rocks we'd have picnics and where I imagined I'd build my dreamhouse. Taylor was fishing with my brothers nearby. It is so cool to have my kids experiencing and seeing the same things I remember doing 20 years ago! I love that my parents live in the same house where we grew up. It makes the memories that much sweeter when you can show your kids exactly what you're telling them about!

So, yeah. Despite the funk, the kids and I are having a grand time. Any visit is great, even if it is just sitting around the house. The kids always have tons to do outside. And they love it! Tomorrow we're all going to Incredible Pizza with Mimi and Papa. What fun! I'm glad I'll feel up for it. I have some visits to make and shopping to do before Saturday. That should fill in the rest of my week. Easter will be here and then it'll be time to go home! Home to my hubby's arms. Yay!

I'll post more pics some other time. There are so many... I'll probably have to get another sd card before this trip is over. :) See ya!

9 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I miss you too~! Next time go for just half the week! ;-) We are going to the park today. The plan was to go putt-putting but that whole money thing got in the way. Just think, just your 4 kids when you get home. That will almost be like a vacation at home! Love ya girl!

Stephanie said...

Come home!

Jenna said...

Going back to a childhood home must be quite a blessing- my folks have moved three times since I've been married (5 years) My kids won't have a clue when I try to describe where we grew up.

Stephanie said...

Oh that's so sad. There is something special about those childhood memories. We hope our next house will be the final house. There is part of me that likes moving places but the other part of me wants those childhood memories for our kids.

Kelly said...

I understand how it feels to be lonely in a group of people. I definitely experienced that this week. I was at my family's house in Houston, but Jonathan wasn't with me. Without your man, life can be pretty hard! I'm glad he'll be back soon!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

NO YOU DO NOT! He's back! Update your blog dangit! I have nothing to read! Oh, I won't be at ELO tomorrow but let's do lunch. Abi had that whole throwing up issue today but is fine now! How about Mickey D's?!

Stephanie said...

How ya feeling?

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Where o where can Adriana be, oh where oh where can she be?! Are you sick? I am worried!!!!

Taylor and Angel said...

She is at oklahoma there. Probably about 5 years ago now! LOL.....