Friday, March 14, 2008

On the road again....

It's 5 am and we're off! lol Hardly. I'm up tending the baby. I am incredibly tired. I'm going to need some major caffeine to make a 5 hour drive! Thankfully we're driving to Dallas first, stopping off for lunch and then on to OKC. It splits it up enough that I think I'll be fine. We plan on leaving the house at 8.... I think we just might make it too since I'm up so early. I'm so excited about this trip. All the adrenaline may be enough itself without any caffeine!

I've gone major OCD on this trip. I've been on this perfect house (as perfect as it can be with 4 kids) and laundry always caught up kick... (here's hoping it sticks this time!!!!!) that incidentally makes me oh so happy! Anywho, now it's transferred to the packing. I've made lists after lists.... and then lists of lists. Everything that was packed, the exact number of each article of clothing each person has, each toy, personal item, books, electronics we have. I've also labeled 7 huge ziplock baggies with the days of the week and put an outfit for each of the kids... this is to eliminate digging through suitcases and making HUGE messes and inevitably leaving something under a bed or whatnot. We just have SO MUCH - packing and listing and organizing for over a week for 5 people is daunting, let me tell you. I just do not want to leave anything. Hopefully my lists will help with that. Just watch, I'll lose my lists!! ha! I also have a list of the errands we need to run before leaving Longview, in the exact order we have to go.... I'm about to go insane.

If you know me at all, you know that this is so unlike my personality. Usually for a trip to see my family, I just throw whatever's clean into a laundry basket and call it good. Or have to wash 5 loads of laundry to have enough to take! I'm baffled and irritated and very pleased with myself all at once. It's so much more work, but much more rewarding.... I got 2 hours sleep, but my house will be nice and clean when we get home. Ok, enough rambling. I need to get my shower. Maybe that will wake me up.

Well, I don't know if I'll get to blog in OK. I will try though. Tomorrow and Saturday we'll be in OKC for the finals of my sisters and brother's national basketball tournament. Sat night we'll drive back to Tulsa and go to church on Sunday. After that I'm looking forward to a very relaxing week. Then we get to celebrate Easter with my family! I do believe it's the first time since I moved here almost 5 years ago! Wow.

Please keep Tom in your prayers. I don't know if or when I'll hear from him. It's hard having no communication at all. I pray that God uses him in a mighty way... and I also just want him to come home safely. :) If you get to read this, I love you dearly, Baby.

Everyone have a great week... don't have too much fun without me... and Happy Easter!

No comments: