Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our kiddos


I forgot to tell about how Brayden has quit sucking his thumb! About 6 weeks ago now (boy, how time flies!) about the time I got put on bed rest, I bought some nail biting breaker stuff - you know, the nasty tasting stuff - I got it for me, actually. I got it into my head that since I'd be on bed rest, I could grow out my nails for the first time in forever since I wouldn't be on the go, biting my nails without thinking about it. Anywho, it worked for a little while, I quite a bit of growth, but I couldn't stop picking at them and they'd peel off, so I gave up. :-P

But back to Brayden - I noticed on the bottle it said it was safe to use for toddler's thumbs! Brilliant! I painted the stuff on and after one dreadful evening of him crying about the bad taste in his mouth, he realised that to not get that bad taste, he had to stop sucking his thumb and from that second day on, he's been cured! I repainted it every few days for about a week and a half, but when they went to Oklahoma with my mom, I forgot to pack it for her. I figure he must have already gotten used to going without it because he never tried there - totally surprising since he was away from home - and he hasn't touched it since coming back either. Even at night! I'm so proud of my boy. I'm really surprised it was that easy. I thought we'd be fighting it for months or years even. He was really attached to it. Here he is going to bed, thumb-free! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: