Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Old Fashioned Family Fun Day

Finally getting to update with pictures from last week. It was so much fun. Tom had gotten the flu from the very vaccine that's supposed to protect him from it (go figure) so he didn't get to come this year.

We got there a bit early to help with the pie and bread check-in. I was also an apple pie judge. Yum! Miss Bonnie was the champion by far. Her pie tasted just like my mom's and won my heart with the first bite. :) The kids ran around playing games and eating candy and when they wanted my they'd just look around the barn area yelling my name (Mommy, of course) at the top of their lungs, usually enlisting help from familiar faces.... "Have you seen my mommy???" It was cute.

The fellowship with church friends was so welcome and sweet. It has been so lacking during everything that has gone on the past few weeks. It has been so long since we've gotten to come to church as a family.

Playing in the checkers tournament with Jacee.

Digging for candy in the hay scramble.

Brayden the Cow.

Fishing for more candy and toys. :)

Dave the Scarecrow and Joe Dirt??? :) I think Brett was just going for a hillbilly character. He sure pulled it off! :)

Pie and bread entries, as Stephanie and Jody chat.

Getting ready for the sack races!

All of his practices paid off! He won a big blue ribbon, :) which I didn't get a picture of because my camera ran out of batteries! :-P Bummer.

Go Taylor Go!

Second place is very respectable in the sack race hall of fame. :) Again no pictures of her red ribbon... :(


Swinging on the rope swing by the barn.

Chowing down.... roasted corn, frito chili pie, hotdogs..... not much more you can ask for! :)

And caramel apples for dessert! Perfection.

I didn't get pics of the ribbon ceremony, the hayride, the kids on the old fashioned wagon, and quite a few other things. Curses on dead batteries. :)

No comments: