Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tom!

Today is Tom's 32nd birthday. He doesn't like to "do" birthdays and for once I heeded his wishes. I tried planning a party and when he vetoed that, we tried to take him out to his favorite restaurant after church.... but he would have none of it. He wanted to spend the day at home with his family, he said. That was all. So we picked up McAllisters take out and spent the day resting. The kids also decorated a big sign to give him. It was a very understated day, but he loved it.

I was planning on making cheesecake but that required a trip to the store and he wanted me to stay home with him. :) So that will wait until tomorrow. All he wanted today was a vanilla shake from Sonic. Check.

Such a simple guy. He is the best husband, daddy, friend, and son anyone could ever ask for. All too often I take his quiet strength and steady nature for granted. His love and care for me and the kids is overwhelming. He is so kind and giving. He is the most unselfish person I have ever met. I love him so much.

Thanks Pam, for bringing him into the world 32 years ago.... and for not taking him out of it just as fast. Even when he deserved it. ;)

I love you, Tom. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of my son and the man he has become. Thank you for being a wonderful daughter-in-law and taking such good care of my son and my wonderful grandkids. I love you all very much... Happy birthday Tom P.S. I would not trade you for anything in the world!!

Love Mom