Friday, May 23, 2008

It's been a good week

Despite my pessimistic take earlier in the week, the week turned out to be quite nice and things fell into place.

Wednesday we went the park to hang out with friends. It was a fun day because I borrowed the Johnson's big van (12 pass) and picked up the Forringers who's car was in the shop, and took them with us. Afterwards they came back to our house for a movie - Waterhorse, GREAT family movie - and Steff worked on my laundry that I was lamenting. She's such a good friend like that. It helps that she enjoys doing laundry. She did my dishes too! I like dusting and windows, so I'm going to her house soon to return the favor. :) Ted was working late so they stayed for dinner. Then we put the kids to bed and watched a chick flick. It was such a fun day. I love days that are fun AND the chores get done too.

During Waterhorse, we pushed the couches together to snuggle with the kids. It was so ... fun! the only adjective I know for this post, apparently. :)

Thursday was a little funky because of several things - the terrible news of SCC's daughter passing so tragically, a super weird phone call from a friend and just general ponderings doubled with grief that had me really wound up. I spent some much needed time in Job and Psalms. It wasn't as comforting as I'd hoped but it got me through the day.

Today is busy - I have a long list of things to do around the house. (one of them was get caught up on blogging! Check and check. :) I told the kids when all the chores were done, we'd go out for a surprise. They're working hard so I'd better get going so I can hold up my end of the bargain. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I did not mean for my phone call to upset you!! I was just sharing. I feel horrible now!

TexasNeals said...

the most hilarious thing just happened! i haven't been on your blog for a couple of days and was catching up. suzannah came in and was looking at the pictures w/ me. we were looking at some of the pics of your fam. she saw the one of jonah holding aaron and said, "woah. he's handsome!" i laughed SO hard! you'll have to let him know that a 6 year old in longview has a crush on him! HA!