Friday, August 10, 2007

I love my hubby!!

I have the most wonderful, kind, patient, understanding, loving husband ever! Tom has been so great to me during this very trying and uncomfortable thing called pregnancy. Last night our family night got postponed until tonight. I was really looking forward to getting out of the house because I hadn't had the best of days. I told Tom I needed some time out and that I was going to the bookstore to pretend I didn't have kids. :-P He said sure and told me to go and relax. He sweetly said to come home soon though because he wanted to spend time with me. I sighed and said I'd come home sooner if I knew the kids would be in bed when I got home. (How selfish is this making me sound??) He said he'd feed the kids and have the them in bed early and to come home soon to snuggle. What a sweet guy. I love and appreciate him so much.

This is totally not a common thing.. actually I can't remember ever doing this before, but I really needed it. I sipped my mocha and perused (Christmas!) cookbooks, a book all about baking bread, started a F. Scott Fitzgerald novel, and made a list of homemade items to make for for Christmas gifts. I got stoked about baking bread again. I used to bake all sorts of fancy breads and rolls. I loved it. I so want to reclaim my passion for baking. It's so therapeutic for me and I've missed it!

I came home refreshed and happy, back to my sweet, loving self. ;) I kissed the kids goodnight and spent the rest of the evening watching preseason football on the couch with my wonderful hubby. I love you, sweetie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is NOT selfish to do something for you! Aaron and I switch out all the time to go do alone time. We BOTH need it, and I am not shy about reminding him what the bedtime around here is :)