Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My baby cracked his head!!









This all started Thursday evening. While I was cooking dinner, Taylor sat Brayden on the low counter/eating area between the kitchen and dining room and walked outside. I turned around to see him shove himself backwards and to my horror he was right on the edge. (the one farthest away of course) He fell onto the carpet in the dining room on his back. I was panicked that I'd let this happen!! What a terrible mother I am! But he seemed to be fine after fussing a bit. Then on Saturday morning, I noticed a large lump on the back of his head that was soft and squishy. I rushed him to our pediatrician who said she thought he was fine, but wanted to get an xray just to make sure it wasn't a skull fracture. So, over to the er we went. After the xray, we were told quickly that there were abnormalities and he needed a ct scan! WHAT?? But they wouldn't tell me anything else. It was so frustrating! Anyhow, it turned out that it was a skull fracture, but nothing else was wrong, THANK THE LORD! They wanted to keep him overnight for observation. So we spent the weekend at Good Shepherd. Fun, fun! Brayden was in a great mood the whole time, as you can see in these pictures. :) Especially for sleeping as little as he did for two whole days! Everytime he'd fall asleep the nurse would come in to poke and prod him. I tried to show the lump, but you can't see it much in the pictures. It's on the right side, towards the back when you're looking at him from the front, on the left from the back.

This is the second Sunday in a row that we've had to miss church and it's taking it's toll on me! I miss my friends! I was looking forward to worship so much - Jonathan had some great some picked out. I missed my little guys for sunday school... and I missed hearing Ken Turner (I think that's his name) again! (Last time I was in the nursery) Nothing will keep us from going this Sunday! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh man. I don't enjoy these kinds of stories. I'm so glad everything is alright but what a fright. I'm looking forward to your yummy treats tonight. You always do the best in whatever you do.

Kate said...

Praise God! I'm glad Brayden's okay! He is so big and looks so grown up!