Friday, December 14, 2007

Wow

I came across these pictures (and others) of Brayden's birth. It hardly seems imaginable that this was nearly 3 years ago and we're about to do this again. I'm so excited! I love my birth pictures, they're so precious to me, despite looking like a slightly tan version of the Michelin man. ;)

I'm really looking forward to welcoming our new baby into the world. I love the birth experience. It's my favorite part of pregnancy, despite the pain. I'm still going back and forth about an epidual, but I'm not getting stressed about it. If I want it when the time comes, I'll get it.

With Brayden I went into it with my mind set on doing it totally drug free, just as I had with Chandler. I got to the hospital at a 7 with back labor that made it feel like I was already in transision and all of my resolve went out the window - I knew the worst was yet to come. I pleaded for anything just as long as it took away the pain NOW. :) Point being that I set myself up for feeling like I'd failed when I "chickened out". This time I'm going in with a very open mind. :) I've had it both ways and though the births were different, they were both great experiences. I'm just going to go with the flow and trust God. Hooray for discovering that it's ok to be laid back! lol

Our first family picture with 3 kiddos. Can't wait to get the same shot with 4!!! Come soon baby! :)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you had your baby!! And no hatin' on yourself. I won't stand for it :) You are one of the most gorgeous people I know Mrs. Jennifer Garner look alike!

I love the pics. I am such a birth junkie.

jen

Stephanie said...

At first I did too and I was going to be MAD!!!! :) You have just a few days left and then you have to wait until the new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adriana said...

hehe, I didn't even think about freaking people out with the pics... sorry. :)

Hey, guess who I ran into at Target very obviously 9 months pregnant??? Dr. Doerrfeld. lol Can we say AWKWARD???

Adriana said...

Oh yeah, and I'm so not waiting on you to get back. That'll teach you not to up and leave when your best friend is about to have a baby! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, yes....awkward indeed!

~jen