Sunday, December 30, 2007

We're home!

What a weekend!! It happened so fast, it seems like I was just posting Christmas stuff, talking about the possibility of having the baby. Well, we did!!

Meet Killian Aaron Reagh!

Aaron was born Friday morning at 11:12 after 13 hours of labor and about 30 seconds of pushing. :) He shares a birthday with his big sister and she's thrilled about it. I was so happy that she didn't mind. As Taylor put it, "Now I'll always have an extra birthday gift!" He was 7lbs 1 oz and was 19 inches long. It was a long labor since it stretched through the night, but so worth it. It took little effort to get him out, which was such a merciful blessing - I was so exhausted at that point. It was a great birth - the last part went so fast that none of the family and friends who were planning on being at the birth had made it! But it turned out to be a nice turn of events - it allowed Tom and I to enjoy the birth alone and have some time to bond without the distraction of other people. We were thankful for that time.

Here's what our family looks like now!


We just got home from the hospital today. It was nice to get rested up and have my time with the baby. I almost asked to stay another day. :) I have been completely exhausted so I wasn't sure I was ready to get back to reality. hehe But I'm so glad to be home, I missed my family! Plus, I rest better in my own bed and when I don't have to be prodded by the nurse for vitals every 2 hours! :)

I also missed my computer!! It's torture to have such great news and pictures and not be able to get it out there into the blogosphere! :)

And speaking of pictures... I have such a sad tale. After taking dozens and dozens of pictures of the time before the birth, the birth, and just afterwards our camera gave us a memory card error message. When Tom brought it home, it shows no pictures on the card! I was so sad. The good news is, we had the other camera with us! As soon as the error came up, we switched cameras so we still have lots and lots of pictures.

Cute, random facts about Aaron:
-He looks just like Brayden, the smaller version and a little less hair
-He's incredibly quiet and calm - he doesn't cry, he squeaks :)
-He has a deep dimple on his right cheek and a nearly invisible one on the left side.
-He didn't have a name for 2 days. Killian had been decided on, but the name we were actually going to call him eluded us until last night when I just decided he looked like an Aaron, a name that had never even been considered before. :)
-Mrs. Growden was his first visitor.
-He peed on Dr Hutcheson twice. :)
-After his first feeding the day he was born, he slept for 10 hours straight, worrying me to no end.
-He has big hands and in one picture is totally giving us the peace sign. :)
-He's a great nurser and such a cuddle bug.

Well, my little squeaker is squeaking. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love his name. It's such a good strong name! He is just beautiful!!

I woke up this morning with no voice. We have the crud. I promise I will come when we feel better. I can't wait to hold that little peanut :)

~Jen