Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My babies left me! :(

My mom and sister just left with our kids. It was very bittersweet. I was so sad to see them go, but a whole week without kids..... THINK about the possibilities! ;)

It's so nice that my mom took them for a visit, even though it wasn't required. It had been the plan when I was laid up, but I got off bedrest yesterday! (Happy dance!) so they didn't have to go, but she didn't want to disappoint them since they were looking forward to it so much. We had didn't get to have our long summer visit and the kids were missing all of their "Oklahoma family" . I'm glad they get to spend some time with them. It'll be best for me too - even though I'M OFF BEDREST NOW! (more happy dance) - that I can still take it easy for awhile. Everything looked great again with the baby and my cervix (hooray) and the ultrasound was perfect, so my Dr felt comfortable letting me up. I'm so excited about that. Thank you Lord for answered prayers!

Some pictures of the kids before they left. The last ones for a few days... :)


Angel had such a great time helping out with Conlan. She loved snuggling him.

Taylor and Chandler were a little upset about leaving, which surprised me. They were so excited about going. I think it must have sunk in right at the last minute how much they'd miss us and just how long a week really is. :) Brayden on the other hand couldn't wait to leave. He kept waving and saying "Bye Mommy, shut the door!" :)

The hoodie bunch

All loaded up, ready to go.

It's the weirdest feeling to load up your kids and send them off over 300 miles away. I'm so glad my friend Carly called right after they left or I think I would have been a basket case for a good hour or so. Now the emotion has passed and I'm distracted, so we're good.... until tonight when I can't tuck them in..... boy, it's going to be a hard week! :(



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Okay, this might sound really weird, but the picture with your little sister and your kiddos all in hoodies... Your little sister looks JUST like I looked at about that age! I mean, I did a double take! Usually, other people see those kinds of resemblances and the person doesn't see it themself, but it's funny how much she looks like me! I had a space between my front teeth and (when I smiled) I had a big smile. :-) Maybe we're related somewhere... :-)