Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fry family visit

Roughly half of my family has been here since Sunday evening. It's been so wonderful! My mom barely lets me move an inch from the couch (exactly what I need since I start contracting anytime I move practically), serving me hand and foot, and taking care of the house! I feel like I'm 8 again and sick, being babied by my mom. :) Though this treatment I'm getting now is a step up from when I was a kid. Mom never was the coddling type. I totally get that from her (and my dad- double dose!) much to my kids' chagrin. hehe

My dad and 5 of my siblings - Jonah 14, Hosanna 12, Angel 7, Sophia 6, and Mirah 4 - came with my mom and all but Mom and Angel left today. We were sad to see them go. Chandler begged to be taken "home" to Oklahoma. He is quite certain he wants to live there and would not miss Mommy and Daddy. I begged to differ. lol And even if he didn't miss us, we'd miss his sweet face too terribly much. Taylor is as pleased as punch that Angel gets to stay so it wasn't hard for her to say goodbye to the others. She and Angel are great friends. Taylor introduced her as her Aunt to a lady from CHEC who brought dinner. It was so funny. True, but still funny to hear them refer to each other that way.

I have a praise! I have a laptop now! Actually I did mention it, but thanks to Connie and Praise to God for laying it on her heart to be so generous. :) I forgot about pictures having to be loaded to our pc, though just loading pictures to the blog and then typing the text later from the couch is huge.

My mom came with us to ELO today. Everyone was asking why in the world I was there. :) With mom helping load kids and carry bags, it's not bad and everyone at ELO is being so understanding. They let me just sit the whole day.... which is harder for me than anyone I think. I walked a bit just to get to different classrooms so I could sit in on the kids' classes. That was really fun. Watching the Botany class helped me get a better feel for what I should be focusing on in that at home. Knowing exactly what the teachers are saying in all the subjects helps me to be able to ask pointed questions and re-enforce what she learned. It was nice also to be able to get out and see all my CHEC friends. The four walls of this living room make me antsy! But I can really tell a difference when I go out and I'm up -- I contract and get very achy down there. It's so frustrating. I had to run some errands yesterday with mom and we ended up being gone longer than planned. Then being out today really did me in. I'll definitely have to limit my outings to JUST elo and church... well and the dr of course. I'm going in every week to be checked out now. Such is life when you take the unexpected leap from a very uneventful pregnancy to high risk! Ugh.

Let's see what else.... Oh more praises to God... we sold the Nissan that has sat in our driveway for the past two years!! :) And it comes just in time for CHRISTMAS, so no stressing about where that money is coming from! Imagine this! -- I get to sit here and peacefully do all of my shopping online, while my wonderful mom cleans the house and great, great friends bring over dinner!! What a life!! I need to be on bedrest more often. lol.... Yeah RIGHT!!
I guess that's about it. I go back to the dr tomorrow. I did mention the test last week came back negative? I can't remember. So that's why I'm being able to go out a little - IF I sit wherever I go. Though like I said I can tell it's doing my body no favors so I do stay down 97% of the time. Have to keep this baby healthy and IN my belly. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm glad your mom is able to be there. What a huge blessing!

I can see so much similarities between you and your sisters. How fun!

I hope you have fun doing your online Christmas shopping! :-)

Connie said...

The photos are great. It was so good to see you and meet your Mom! I hope to see her again before she leaves.