Monday, June 12, 2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Oh my goodness, what a GRAND surprise!! Stephanie totally floored me today! We had planned on meeting up for dinner at Cheddar's since they're going out of town in a few days. When we got there, I asked for a table for two and started following the hostess. Then I noticed Steff following a different hostess. I thought, well ok... she led us to the back and just sort of left us. I looked around and there was one BIG empty booth. I thought, well how silly, we don't need all that room! THEN I realized there was singing. I hadn't even noticed at the very next booth was a table full of all my friends!!!!! They were singing Happy Birthday and honestly, I was still confused. I thought it was a late all girls party for Steff! (it was her b-day the 1st) I spun around and Steff said, Happy Birthday! THEN I realized it was for me. (and mine isn't until the 24th!!) I was left totally speechless. I've always LOVED, LOVED surprises, but I'm so nosy, no one has ever been able to surprise me. This coming so early, I didn't have an inkling that it was in anyway related to my birthday at all!! But I was so happy and delighted that Steff gotten everyone together. I can't thank her and everyone who came enough! It was so awesome to have all my friends around me! I felt so special and loved!

We had a wonderful dinner with lots of talking and laughing. Dinner was followed by a SUPER FUN scavenger hunt! I'd been wanting to do one for months and sneaky Stephanie thought of everything to make this day as great as possible for me! We split into two teams and had to do things like, quote Bible verses to strangers, get a couple to kiss, do a made up cheer in a grocery store... and the creme de la creme.... jump into a pool or lake! It was a TOTAL blast!! Officially, our team won because we followed the rules and didn't double up on the people AND I actually JUMPED INTO A LAKE! (unlike Amanda who only stuck her feet in!) The videos were hilarious and we had such fun watching them together. It's so funny to get people's reactions to weird requests. Such a study on human behavior. I love it. :)

We finished up with the birthday trifle that Dana made... YUMMY! Thanks, Dana!

All around a extremely fun evening.. and so unexpected, it still takes my breath away!!!! Thanks so much, Steff and everyone!!!! I love you all!!

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

officially you won, my foot!!!! we didn't double up on peeople... and i seem to remember you having to REDO something because YOU didn't follow the rules and a certain ticket stub was NOT valid and you never found a porsche!!! and amanda didn't just stick her feet in, she JUMPED in, which was all that was required (it didn't say throw your entire body in!!!) so there!!! :D :D :D :D ;D

lori said...

glad you had a good time...it was a lot of fun...even though we did win (cough cough...dana)! go adriana, steph, and me!

Anonymous said...

Being that I'm of a decidedly uncompetitive nature, I'll just say I had a wonderful time with you all! Happy Birthday Neighbor!!!