Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

WARNING: Tons of pictures to look at (or not) in the album! :)

We had a WONDERFUL thanksgiving weekend. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well.

Quick rundown of the events that have made up Thanksgiving 2006: Wednesday: 6am - I was up making pumpkin bread and signing Thanksgiving cards for my family. (so yummy - saved some for us!) I spent the rest of the day packing and picking up the house. 7pm - Finally got on the road, quick stop to drop off Lola (our dog) with my inlaws and visit a few with Tom's family and then back on the road! We got to my parents house around midnight and got to bed around 2. :)

Thursday - Had a leisurely morning, the kids played football with Tom and my dad. I went to Mimi's house about 10 to make pies because she was not feeling well, we we had no room in Mom's oven for more pies! We had dinner about 5ish. Itwas a super yummy!! I had no room for pie until much later. :) Afterwards we sang Thanksgiving hymns and then visited with family long into the night. Another grand Fry Thanksgiving!

Friday: Another leisurely morning! (lovely) Tom and I decided to go out for an afternoon date and had lunch and did some Christmas shopping. It was so fun! It was so nice to just be out and have no time limits and go in as many shops as we wanted and browse and must be together. :) The hustle and bustle of Black Friday was still there a little bit and it was fun to be in on that. That night we had pizza and watched movies with my family. Then we were up until late playing Trivial Pursuit with my dad and older siblings. So fun!

Saturday found my and my siblings scrambling to find a place to watch the OU/OSU Bedlam game! My parents don't have satellite so we went to McD's first, then Monterey's, where on Friday Tom and I had seen most of the Texas game, but still no luck. FInally we ended up in the plasma section of Best Buy!! We were quite a sight to see... 8 of us standing around, cheering and then trying to act nonchalant. lol We watched the first half and then listened to the second half on the radio at home, munch on puppy chow. :) And all I'm going to say is --- the sooners won --- There, see I'm not gloating. :))))

Ok, I thought this was going to be a summary -- agh -- so Saturday we all went to my sister Vanessa's school where they were having a concert and the lighting of the campus, and lots of fireworks. It was really nice and so pretty. The hot cocoa was good too. :) Grandma came with us and it was great getting to spend more time with her.

Sunday we went to my parents church. We have several friends there, so it's always nice to see all of them. :) We went to lunch with Mimi and Papa to spend some time with them before we left. We all enjoyed that. Then we headed back to the house to pack up and say goodbye to my family. We got on the road about 5 and made it home by 10. It's so nice to be home! :)

3 comments:

tedforringer said...

That was fun. It was neat to see your home and where you grew up! :)

The Peacock Pearl said...

that thanksgiving banner was AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it?? I hoped everyone could see how great it was, the picture isn't very clear. It looked so much better in person - there was so much detail! My aunt asked where they bought it!