Monday, February 12, 2007

Makeovers at Mary Kaye

We got back about 11:30 last night from Oklahoma. It was a short trip - a 5 hour drive both ways is hard when you're only there for a day and a half. On Saturday, us older girls and my mom went for a Mary Kaye makeover for my mom's birthday. It was so much fun.... we all got a kick out of Vanessa clumsily trying to put on eye shadow. :) Here's us after the Mary Kaye treatment.

Afterwards we went to lunch at a French cafe and saw the Nativity movie. We ended up spending all day in Tulsa, which made the trip seem shorter since we were split up from the rest of the family and didn't get to visit with them as much, but we'll see them again soon. The kids have their state basketball tournament in OK City in March. I think the kids and I are going to try to drive up for that.

I'm so tired from the trip. The drive back is always torture since we're already super tired from running nonstop the entire weekend... I have trip stuff to put away, dishes to do, laundry to fold and a lesson to prepare for ELO on Wednesday, but I just want to veg. Or sleep. Yeah, sleep would be even better. :) Oh yeah, to top it all off... my youngest sisters were sick with something (fevers and fluish symptoms) while we were there and my mom came down with it Sunday! AS IF we need anything else!! I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's almost inevitable. I'm so sick of being sick! I need to go pick up some airborne but I'm just too tired to drag everyone out in the rain. That would probably be counter productive! :P Maybe when Tom gets home from work....

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't say that you and your sisters are not related! LOL! You all look so much alike. What pretty ladies you all are :)

I hope you guys stay well.

The school nurse said they had 50 kids out this week with that virus epidemic that has come our way! EEEKK!

Jaime said...

Hey, I hope your migraine went away quickly! I have your handmade cards that you bought last night. You left them on my table. I'll try to get them to you sometime soon! Or, let me know if you'll be around here and I'll either be here or leave them out for you. :-)