Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Taylor!

We celebrated Taylor's birthday on Saturday. She LOVES art and so we had an arts and crafts party for her. It turned out great and everyone had a great time! My whole family had just gotten into town the night before (morning rather) at 4! I was still busy doing stuff for the party so I never went to bed until after they got here. I think it was around 5:15. :) I was pretty much running on pure adreneline by the time the party rolled around.

We "got creative in the kitchen" (as stated in the invitation :)) making pizza and decorating cupcakes. BIG hit. We also had tshirts to paint and take home. The tshirts were set up in the playroom and we had the fooseball table set up in the garage; with so many people here (about 20 kids and 20 teens/adults!!) it was nice having the playroom and garage to spread out a bit. We had butcher paper covering the tables so the kids could write messages and draw pictures. They could also color on the big Happy Birthday sign Erika made. I told her my idea for it and she ran with it. She did a great job. I thought I was going to lose my mind during the first 15 minutes... it was downright hairy when everyone was arriving! But after a few min of utter chaos, I was able to delegate and get kids occupied in different stations. It all want super smooth after that. I tell you, it made it so nice having my family here. My mom was making icing, Vanessa was supervising the tshirts and Erika did almost all the decorating before hand(artsy primary colors). I don't know if I'll attempt another big party like that again, but it sure was fun!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a blast. Sounded like one too. Sorry I missed the party. It would have been fun to help. Good job!