Friday, September 15, 2006

Heavy heart

This is an email I sent out this morning to our family and friends following the miscarriage of our fourth child on Wednesday. I know that many of you didn't even know we were expecting and it seems strange to seemingly be announcing a death. But I cannot and will not pretend that this didn't happen. I want people to know how much this baby was loved and will be mourned. And how ultimately this loss is impacting our family for the good.

__________________________________________________


It was only a few days ago that Tom and I excitedly shared our wonderful news with most of you about expecting a new baby in April. Some of you might not even know yet and that fact makes this doubly hard to share.

On Tuesday around noon, I began having symptoms of a miscarriage. I talked to my doctor’s nurse and later the doctor on call after office hours, but there was nothing I could do but wait and rest. That evening and overnight the bleeding and cramping worsened. It was hard to wake up to the realization that God had better things in store than Earth for our little one – early Wednesday morning I miscarried our precious baby. It was confirmed when I went in later that day for an emergency ultrasound. I was 9 weeks along.

Throughout this heartbreaking loss, God has poured out His mercy on our family. We have been surrounded by our family and church body in prayer and loving support. Because of our loss, Tom and I have bonded in a way that we never would have known, had this not happened. We are saddened and are grieving our loss, but we know that God is sovereign and He has a plan and purpose for our baby’s short life. We are confident He will work this out for His ultimate glory. We cling to this promise and can rest only in Him during this time.

We love you all and pray that God will also comfort your hearts as you hear this.

Blessings on you and your families.

Tom and Adriana

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Adriana, I am so, so very sorry for your loss sweet mama. We will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Adriana, my heart breaks for ya'll. We love you.

Hannah & Family

Jaime said...

I am sorry for you guys' loss. What a sweet e-mail you sent out. I pray that, similar to what you said, that you guys grow better and not bitter. But, I'm sorry for the pain.

Adriana said...

Thanks everyone. The pain is lessening little by little, but there are still huge amounts of emotion and grief to confront and put behind me. Please pray for me.