Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Taylor's first recital!



Taylor had her first piano recital this evening. She did such a wonderful job. She played three songs that she had memorized: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Jingle Bells and Ode to Joy. I gave her her Christmas dress early so she could dress up. She was so happy. She looked absolutely gorgeous and so grown up! Pam and Coy (Tom's parents) and her cousin Daven came to watch her play, as well as her friends Sarah and Hannah Johnson. They had a great time together. Afterwards, we all went to Posatos to celebrate her musical accomplishment. :)

I have a long rant in my head about it not seeming like Christmas and how I'm not excited... or rather it just hasn't sunk in yet that it's only 5 days away. I don't know which. In any case, it was too long and rambly to bother with.

I finally got the last of my Christmas cards signed today and 97% are even mailed! I have a handful that I still have to get addresses for. That's so annoying. It was such a big deal getting the pictures in with the cards this year and it really delayed me! I'm usually right on top of it and have them out the first week in December. Not so this year. It's irksome to me. :)

Ok, I'm done being negative. Merry Christmas!! :)

3 comments:

Jaime said...

What is Taylor's teacher's name? She looks very familiar, like a lady I took voice lessons from for a short time...but I can't remember the name of the lady I'm thinking of... Freeman? Hmm, I can't remember...

Anyway, Taylor looked beautiful! Her dress was dressy, but still perfect for a young girl. Very pretty! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Her teacher's name is Sherrye Coles. It probably was - I know she gives voice lessons too. She's such a good teacher - the best in Longview...I did my research! We were lucky to get in with her, as she has a very long waiting list. Since we could come in the mornings, we were able to get in. Taylor's doing great with her. I'm happy to have found her.

Jaime said...

Hmmm...I don't think it's her, then. That name isn't familiar. I'm glad you guys were able to get in with her! Just another benefit to homeschooling, right? :-)